Friday, April 11, 2014

Kopan Ramen Japanese Noodle House (Fullerton, Ca) 4.10.2014

It's finally Friday! again lol. I feel like every week of my senior year just keeps going faster and faster and not only that the amount of workload also has been increasing each week. I decided to go back to San Diego this weekend because I felt like I haven't been home for awhile and a friend of mine convinced me to take the train with him. Riverside's weather these past few days wasn't that great either which I think was also one of the reason I decided to go home. Anyways, I was hungry as I arrive to Fullerton station and I was debating weather to eat somewhere or just wait till I arrive to San Diego since I only had a couple of minutes till I catch my next train to Oceanside. However, my hungry stomach couldn't handle it anymore so I whip out my iPhone to look for some goodeats. This then led me to a ramen place called Kopan Ramen House which is literally a 5 minute walk from the station.



As I arrive, I was lucky that the place wasn't busy and so I was promptly seated right away. Their menu was very simple which consist of two sizes of ramen bowls: a small size for $6 and a regular size for $8. Along with this, you are also given a choice of meat and the spice level of your base soup for your ramen as well as other extra ingredients and side dishes.



I decided to order a small bowl of ramen with cha-shu pork for my choice of meat, dried seaweed and eggs for the side and a mild level of spies of their Kopan ramen base soup which is a Tonkotsu rich broth soup. In less than 10 minutes voila... My order came out and I was excited to eat it! The soup base of the ramen was actually pretty good and savory with less oil floating around compared to other ramens that I have eaten before. I wish I ordered extra chashu pork since I only counted two to three meats in my bowl although they gave me a decent amount of noodles and for a $6 ramen bowl I'm not gonna even complain about it. Overall, this place is actually pretty good and cheap for a quick-stop ramen shop especially for hungry commuters like me looking for decent quickbites. It was just about time when I reach the station again that my next train to Oceanside arrive and I can finally go home with a happy stomach.




No comments:

Post a Comment